Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thoughts on My Week with Marilyn

Tonight, I saw My Week with Marilyn.  Aside from being a really entertaining look at the making of The Prince and the Showgirl from the eyes of the Third Assistant Director, Colin Clark. Colin is a twenty-three year old that desperately wants to work in the entertainment industry. Through determination and family connections, he finds work with Sir Lawrence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe. The performances in the film from Branagh and Williams are Oscar worthy.

I see some of myself in Colin, definitely not the wanting to sleep with Marilyn part. He longs to work in the entertainment industry, as I do. I want to create art, and be surrounded by people who also create art. I want to give something to the world, inspire people, encourage people, help people through life.

I am doing my best now to become a writer. I wrote my first draft, now comes the hard work, making it good enough to get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment