Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Building a Platform

Aside from editing my book, working, seeing movies, and reading, I am also trying to build a platform for me as a writer. I have read that it is important to build a community and to put your name out there in the publishing world. I need to try to have my voice heard above some of the many others who are out there. To accomplish this, I started this blog and joined Twitter (@TperiodKyle). I am following as many authors and publishing professionals as I can. They offer so much advice. Plus, they link to their blogs and articles that offer more tips and tricks. The amount of information I come across of twitter is truly astounding.

I try to read as many of these posts and blogs as I can, but I only have so much time. I hope to continue to build my platform. Continuing to write my blog, post on twitter, and read read read. I want to meet other people like me, and people who are much farther in their journey than I am.

I know that there is more to writing than just a good book. With the way the modern society is with technology and social networking, it is important to market yourself. I hope to have a great book and a community of people that want to read it.

I know this is just the beginning. I have so much hard work ahead of me. But, I look forward to the journey. I look forward to editing my book and breathing new and more complex life into it. I look forward to making friends, reading posts, replying to tweets. It's fun. I want it to be my life. Right now, my job prevents me from putting as much into it as I would like, but that's okay. That's now.

No comments:

Post a Comment